re:Subject: Re: Dual Exhaust

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 07:56:31 EST

Matt wrote:
>This is someting I got a long time ago. I used it to
figure out the size needed on a diesel truck but it
should work the same here

Exhaust Flow CFM = ( (EGT + 460) / 540 ) x Intake CFM

To figure out Intake CFM

Intake Airflow CFM= (Engine CIDx RPM)/3456) Volumetric
Efficiency x Pressure Ratio

Then for pressure ratio
Pressure ratio= (Atomoshere presure x Boost Pressure)/
Atomoshere pressure
So if you do not have any boost you would put 0

There is alot you can figure out with math. I am not
sure if this answers your questions but it might help.

Well I got it get back to my homework

Thanks for the break
Matt Tharp

Then for the ricer crowd, ( (EGT + 460) / 540 ) x Intake CFM)/2 , then
multiply by one big 4" fart pipe? ;)

Later!
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto