RE: How to make some "REAL" power?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 10:38:24 EST

No problems Kyle.

Cam, mild head work, 50mm TB, headers, a good cold-air intake system,
better flowing exhaust system, and the standard mods (180 t'stat,
autolite 3923's). We yanked an easy 35HP out of the engine this way and
with the aftermarket fuel controller (with larger injectors)...it's VERY
torquey and the powerband comes on from right about 1800 to 4900rpm.

After the initial Dyno (before fine tuning the SAFC-II): 176RWHP /
218RWTQ - That comes out to about 211HP/261TQ at the crank.

Bernd D. Ratsch

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT - V6/5spd CC
Carillo, KeithBlack, Crane, Mopar, CompCams,
NOS, Ractive, APS, APEXi SAFC-II Controller, ASP Pullies, JBA,
Magnaflow, CarSound
Current Best: 14.91 @ 94mph