Re: Snow plow on DAK

From: Walt Felix (walt@walt-n-ingrid.com)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 20:45:09 EST

Yea, I haven't been on the list much over the last several months and
probably never mentioned I put a plow on the truck. I guess I made the
right decision in buying one last fall, as this was the heaviest winter
we’ve had in several years. At first the plan was to only to clear my
own and my grandmother’s driveways. Next thing I know I got seven more
to do (friends and family) and one day, while driving up to my in-laws
to do their driveway, some guy pulls up next to me at a light and asks
if I do help him clear a parking lot. I guess he blew the pump on his
plow and couldn’t position his blade. I zipped through the lot in about
two hours and was even able to get my truck through a few areas that
his full size was too wide for. He normally had to clear about 200
feet of sidewalk with a snow blower because his truck wouldn’t fit
between the building and the trees and such that lined the street in
front of the businesses. My Dakota was just enough to slip between
everything and I could clear it in one pass with the mirrors folded
in. He gave me $200 bucks for my time and took my number for the next
time. I’ve been helping him out since.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Meyers poly blade. I was
going to buy it myself but the rep said it both weighed and cost more
than the steel one. So I had a steel unit installed, picked up a 48”
edge 9000 amber light bar off eBay for $200 bucks and started playing
in the snow. So far I've made about half my investment back.

Walt Felix

http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
http://www.CruiseNights.Info
http://www.MoparsinMotion.Com

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:55:05 -0600
> From: Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: DML: Snow plow on DAK
>
> Hi Walt! I didn't know you have a plow on your 96 - Another Dak Plow
in
> the family woohoo!
>
> Yes I see what you mean about the weight difference. When I
said "poly
> plow" I was thinking of a plow like the Snow Bear that David has.
> Shoulda' specified.
>
> While I do not know the numbers of that particular plow, just looking
at
> its size Vs the blade and rigging I have - I would be more accurate
in
> saying I assume it is less weight. I was thinking along the lines of
> normal blade vs a downsized blade. Not normal steel vs normal poly.
>
> Also the mount I have on Granpa is the old "bumper over" mount.
Similar