o2

From: Allan Williams (Allan.Williams@usdoj.gov)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 12:17:00 EST

Hi all,

I am having a problem where my '92 EC 3.9 4x4 is getting 12 mpg...Ouch!
it is currently costing me $20 a day to commute to work.

The story: I removed the rattling contents from exhaust. I believe that I
upset the o2 reading as now my Dak is spughing black smoke under hard
acceleration. It is obvisously running way rich. O2 sensors are $70, I
don't want to spend $70 and not fix the problem. Could there be any
other cause here? This started right after the cat guts removal...