Re: HALO Spark Plugs

From: jdurling@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 18:48:16 EST

Like Ray I remember these plugs form a few years ago but the ring or halo
was attached with only one post. I remember a couple of shows that tried
them out and had really good results. I thought they were brought out by
bosch (before the +4's) but since they didn't catch on they dropped them.
It's a very sound design as in hoe the spark is created (by the attched ring
instead of the seperate posts like the +4's) and that the spark isn't
hampered in the center. I might get a set to try out.

I bet they would work really well in the hemi or the 4.7 just due to the
design. It would get exspensive with the hemi though (as if they already
aren't) due the the dual plug design.

As for the Hemi I was reading and it looks like starting this summer it will
have the system that shut down certain cylinders when idling or low speeds
to help increase economy. It was originally designed for this system but I
guess they decided to wait due to the fact it may have been a little much to
throw on a brand new engine design. I guess first get the other bugs out.

>From what I read it doesn't hurt performance at all and there is a
significant increase in mileage. The info I read didn't give a specific
number but guessed it should be around 18 to 19 in town. Not bad if you ask
me. I read the article a couple of weeks ago and keep forgetting to post
about it. I'll see if I can find the website again.

I know allpar mentions what the system is called on their website.

Jeff Durling