Re: 4.7 Cooling Problem

From: VRMan (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 12:12:18 EST

John,
I have the same setup as you do. It usually hits the 210-215 mark on hot
days in stop-n-go traffic. As soon as the electric fan kicks in, it cools
right down again. Turning on the A/C will also turn the electric fan on. I
have been thinking about putting a switch in the cab to manually turn it on
in high heat conditions. (if/when I get time!)
I have seen posts about this Viper fan some are installing. These seem to
move a LOT of air, so I might look into dropping one of those in depending
on the mods that would have to be done to get it in.

Phil
2000 4.7L Dakota CC 4x4

""John Dewees"" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

> I have a 4.7L CC with the Automatic transmission. It is equipped with the
> Heavy Duty Service Group.
>
> I'm running a RobertShaw 330-180 (The "High Performance" t-stat). When
> driving in 90+ degree weather, the truck doesn't seem to be able to stay
> cool. No matter what I do, short of turning the heater on high. Now, I'm
not
> overheating, but it does get close to 210 and rides right about there.
>
> What should I do? Should I get a radiator flush or cooling system flush?
If