Re: Dak Dies....still

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 08:46:19 EDT

I have a neighbor that has a 95 Dak with a 5.2L that does the same thing.
Only difference is he used to be a Dodge tech so he knows a bit more about
it. What he told me he did was to check the connector at the PCM on the
passengers side fender well and he found some moisture in there and he
suspected possible corrosion on the plug pins. He used compressed air to
blow it dry and re-seated the plugs. The truck ran fine for about a month
or so then started acting up again. He decided to replace the computer to
see if that might fix the problem. Its been a few weeks now and no more
problem but he's waiting a while longer yet to see if he can call this a
good fix. You might want to try the same thing, at least look at the
connectors and check for moisture.

HTH,

Ray Irons,
Dover, DE