RE: RE: Dak Dies....still

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 11:25:58 EDT

Jeff, which relay?

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Jeff Durling
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 9:21 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: RE: Dak Dies....still

Te only other thing I can think of is to have the ignition system
checked. My '96 did that. When the relay goes bad it will get a little
hotter than it should and when it does it kills the motor. Once the
relay cools down the truck will start again. When my truck did it, it
only threw a code the first couple of times and then it never did again.
You could crank until the battery is dead when that thing goes. Might be
worth having a mechanic or the dealer look at it.

Jeff Durling