OT: New Durango

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 06:19:40 EDT

Just saw in the local news paper here in Delaware that DC has announced
their intention to continue building the Durango at the Newark Delaware
plant. "While we have not made an official announcement, the direction we
are headed is for it to be located in the same facility," said Mary Beth
Halprin, spokeswoman for DaimlerChrysler. "We have no intention at this
point to move production to a different facility. "Since it was launched in
1997, the sport utility vehicle has been built in Newark. The company said
last year it would replace the aging Durango with a new model. At the
Detroit auto show in January, DaimlerChrysler unveiled a concept vehicle it
said was "80 percent" similar to the new model. "

Hmmmmm, the Durango concept we all saw at the Detroit auto show was 80%
similar to the new model huh? I'll have to keep a close eye out to see what
the new ones look like and we'll all have to see if that will portend the
re-design of the Gen IV Dakota.

Ray Irons,
Dover, DE