Re: VA inspection

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 23:58:13 EDT

You can't get an inspection in VA if you are registered in NY.
here's one way to get around it.
My son lives in Suffolk, VA. He has two cars, one being an 83 Monte Carlo.
Since he is in the military, MO law allows you to keep your car registered
in MO and not get the yearly inspection. So, the car stays registered to me
in his possesion, and we only pay the renewal fee every year. The cops there
give him hell over it, as he has a VA drivers license. He just tells them
it's my car, I live in MO, and there's nothing they can do. The car hasn't
been inspected in 6 years. If he drives it back to MO he has 10 days to get
a MO inspection.

Jon
STL MO