Right on Track

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 23:05:27 EDT

Well, I made it to the track today and was pleasantly suprised at my times.
I didnt do a whole lot to prepare, but I ended up with a 17.429 for the
day's best run. This was 2 tenths better than my normal times. I whole
hartedly feel that if the track wasn't so slick, I would have pulled off a
17.3.

I didnt go out today to set the world on fire, instead I just wanted to get
some numbers of where I'm at currently. Weighing in at 3930 lbs (with me in
it), I calculated my current RWHP at about 149 HP, and my crank HP at 193 HP
(RWHP+30%). Not too shabby with the stock crank HP of 175 HP.

I'm right where I want to be. My goal this year is to break into the 16's,
and I am confident I can do so. My plan for next time is to loose some
weight by removing the hard tonneau, spare tire, tailgate, and passenger
seat. Hopefully this will get me down to about 3600 lbs, and allow me to
run a 16.9. Then I need to find a way to put 10 more HP at the wheels to
get me in the low 16's. As I said before, I'm right on track!!

P.S. My condolences goes out to the Daewoo I took to smoked today. Anyone
who feels the need to wear a helmit while drag racing a daewoo deserves it!

Gary Hedlin
President
Hedlin Web Designs
http://www.hedlin.net