RE: Viper Fan Saab temperature switch

From: Bill Nissley (bill@nissley.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 03:10:36 EDT

James,
I really doubt that the relays will fit in your PDC. I have a Gen III
and they don't fit in it. I originally was going to install the relays
in the PDC using Mopar relays, I even ordered them and they are coming
with my fan. I decided it was going to be too difficult to splice in to
the PDC. The installation requires 3 relays if you want to do both
speeds and A/C control. You would need three empty spots unless you want
to reduce the features.

I looked into your email about off/low/high/auto switching. To do that
would require adding diodes to separate the low and high circuits and
major re-routing of the wiring. I am not sure I want to invest the time
for that right now.

Just a little bit of disclaimer, let it be know that I am not an
electronic engineer, I am a graphic artist (that's why the diagrams look
the way they do). I laid out this wiring to help my own installation, I
hope it helps others, but until I install my fan, the wiring is untested
and caution should be used when following the diagrams. I'd hate for
anyone to fry there truck because I didn't warn them of this.

Bill