Re: Re: Weak Start...

From: kenallgood@cox.net
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 14:12:59 EDT

Yup, a weak start is the sign of a dying battery. There are other possibilities, but battery is a good place to start. Take it somewhere (advance auto, autozone) to get it checked out. Course, there's always the possibility like my bro's car. His brake lights were staying on cause a piece of plastic from the dash was keeping the brake from coming up all the way. Brake lights were draining his battery, when he gets into it in the morning, hard to start or completely dead. Make sure you don't have a dome light, etc staying on. Those are often enough to drain the battery to make starts hard, but not to the point of where it's completely dead (unless it sits for a couple of days). If this is only the 2nd battery on the truck, it's a hugh suspect, and would be time to replace it either way :-)

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L