RE: Replacing stock speakers

From: Charlie Marino (cmarino12@cox.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 08:18:33 EDT

Eric,
When I went to Crutchfield on line, you put your vehicle information
into the computer and it comes up with your speaker sizes. They stated 6
3/4" all around. Most speakers I have looked up are indeed 6 1/2" that
claim they fit 6 1/2" and 6 3/4" stock speaker openings. Then when I
went to listen to speakers at Best Buy the guy working there looked up
my truck and told me it has 61/2" up front with 5 1/2" in the back.
Maybe the back stock speakers are smaller, but can handle a bigger size,
I figured the experts on this list would be able to give me the straight
up info needed. I was sure that with all the custom work you guys do out
there that the stock speakers are long gone. If your anything like me,
the first thing I do when I buy a new vehicle or find a new place to
live, is to set up the stereo. Got to have good tunes.

I greatly appreciate your looking the sizes up for me Eric and all other

Charlie Marino
Yorktown, VA
1999 Dakota Club Cab SLT
1987 Jaguar XJ-SC