Re: Re: Re: missing oil?? maybe belly pan

From: kenallgood@cox.net
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 12:53:44 EDT

hehe, well, I got ya beat so far.. I put the truck in a ditch in January. That ran me about $700 (replace entire front bumper, radiator, fan shroud, support for AC condensor, AC condensor which didn't fit and ended up not needing). While I was at it, decided if I was going to spend that much on the Dakota, I might as well put on some performance parts. So then I bought Mopar Chrome valve covers (hey, at least 30 hp there!!!), 1.7 Crower Rockers and headers (still waiting to install). That was about $1000 there. Plus guesstimate $300 for the header install, that's $2000 total in the last 3 months. Now my belly pan gasket? Ok, $400 for the intake, plus couple hundred for the labor (I'm just guessing here), getting pretty close to $3k here.. eeek!! And with my luck, at the end, I'll still be running 15.8 :P

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L