Re: Stumbling idle?

From: Ed McCarrick (edmccarrick@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 22:39:23 EDT

--- andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I got my Fastman TB yesterday, and installed
> tonight. Did the computer
> reset deal. After driving around some, and making a
> short stop for
> food, I came to a red light and found that the
> engine was stumbling down
> to about 500RPM from normal idle, nearly stalled,
> then came up to 1K
> RPM, then stumbled back down to 500 and repeated.
>
> It worked fine once I got the green and didn't
> happen again in the 4 or
> so miles I drove to get home (including a stop for
> groceries). The only
> thing I can think of is that it could be the TPS but
> I was fairly sure
> that I installed it properly. Maybe just some
> post-reset blues?
>
> Aside from that little glitch....woah baby!
> --
> -andy

I have had that happen to me quite often. It will dip
down to about 500 rpms and shoot up to about 1k and
drop down and settle into a normal idle. It has only
stalled once. It seems like this is a 4.7 thing cause
I think I remember hearing about it from others too.
I know it's early and hasn't really learned yet, but,
have you noticed a difference?

Ed