Headers being installed, Blown BP :(

From: kenallgood@cox.net
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 10:59:16 EDT

Well, just got a call from the shop. They say that it is the BP gasket, leaking in the back. Between that and the Headers to install (plus some misc parts, oil change, anti-freeze, etc) would be $805 (around $200 for parts between the 2). I'm having the PPH headers installed today (Mechanic LOVED the headers, wanted some for his '71 Camaro he's building). Since it looks like I'm going to have to do the BP gasket, guess I'll replace the intake manifold. Man oh man, about another $1000 I'm spending on the truck I didn't plan too! Though, I'm still wondering if that Breather hose from the passenger side Valve cover isn't still sucking up some oil. I'm gonna have to check that out too.... Well, I'll have the truck back tonight with the headers on, so I'll get to have a little fun :-)

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L