Re: ... GARY'S GONE .... Traction question

From: scsilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 17:37:23 EDT

For a heavy GEN III V8 4WD Dakota, just the basics will help, cold air
intake, hotter ignition,free flowing exhaust, synthetic fluids, shift kit,
and proper coolant temp control will help.........

.if the Dak weighs more than 4500lbs it's going to be hard to get it to move
without major mods.....

As far as AWD is concerned it seems to be a better option as far as light
trucks and mid size pick ups for both traction and putting the power to the
ground......

Next time you see a GMC Typhoon or Syclone you'll see what I mean...these
are all wheel drive and go like stink!!!!!.....a friend of mine has one of
each, his are both capable of low 13's or high 12's...and they won't break!!

I'd like to find a AWD transfer case from a '01 Dakota
or Durango AWD.........an AWD driveline was optional on the '01's....it's
listed in my sales booklet as being available.......this would help with my
traction issues!

If I can locate one and sort out the install issues on my Dak, it would make
my DAK FASTER YET!!!!!

Ron-
Co-owner: Muscletrucks.net
website: www.muscletrucks.net