Re: RE: Re: RE: Electric & Viscous Fans

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 19:42:19 EDT

No fan is needed when engine is cold or if driving over 40 mph, unless the
a/c unit is on. If you could, use a dual thermostat which turns the fan on
low at around 180degrees and on high at around 200. You should also use a
high pressure switch on a high side a/c line to turn the fan on high if the
pressure gets above 225 psi on the high pressure line. Then you will get a
fan only when needed and only as fast as needed and probably not at all when
on the highway.