Re: Timing Chain

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 11:47:33 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:29:03 Terrible Tom wrote:
>

> I seem to remember reading something about the tensioner being a
> retrofit type fix that Chrysler came up with later, in a TSB or
> something. Unfortunately, I don't have the reference, but it might be
> worth looking in to.

I have a cloudy memory of something along the same lines as well. But
considering that engine is pretty much scrap in my opinion - I don't
care if it eats up another timing chain. All I want is to get it
running and out to the BBQ... odds are it won't survive that anyway heh.

> If you have a video camera, one of the easiest and most effective things
> to do is just video tape the disassembly. Put it on a tripod, have
> someone else tape it, or just switch back and forth between taping and
> working (probably don't want to do both at the same time). The thing
> about video is that you can also narrate it "okay, self, don't forget
> that this thing goes behind the doohickey" and so on. Easier than
> putting labels on everything, which will probably fall off anyway. And
> unlike taking digital pictures, you get sound and motion video of the
> actual order of disassembly.
>
> I know that doesn't help much now, but I just thought I'd mention it for
> future reference.

That is a VERY good idea Jason... only problem is my camcorder doesnt
want to work right, and I havn't hat time (or monty) to try and get it
fixed. I came all the way out to Performance World with the camcorder -
and it wasn't workign then either. Bummer :-(

The worst part is in retrospect I can think of at least half a dozen
simple easy things to do - that would have kept this stuff organized.
Hindsight is 20/20 eh? heh

Thanks anyway!

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/