Re: Re: gear oil

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 14:10:58 EDT

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message
news:b8942j$8lf$3@bent.twistedbits.net...

> "Josh Battles" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com> wrote:
> [...]
> : I spent all sorts of time cleaning the mating surfaces and using a nice
bead
> : ot rtv, it still leaked. took it a few weeks, but it worked it's way
thru.
> : no problems whatsoever with the paper gasket I made though. I guess
it's
> : your technique Jon. You must show me the ways obi-wan.
>

> That was actually the first time I had ever replaced a diff cover.
> Maybe your diff or cover is warped slightly, or maybe I got lucky. :-)
>
> --
OR, maybe it just hasn't had the time to seep through yet... I hadn't
thought about the warpage issue, but with something like 12 bolts holding it
on, I'm assuming that warpage of the cover wouldn't be that much of an issue
as it would be for let's say heads or an intake... Either way, it doesn't
leak now so I'm all smiles.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L