Re[2]: Roadmaster ordered

From: Michael Clark (dml@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 22:53:22 EDT

Got home today and a RoadMaster box was waiting for me.
 I figured 'what the heck' and grabbed the digital
 camera, changed into some old clothes and went to
 work on it.

 Took 3 hours, mostly due to me taking a bunch of
 photos at every step. I did one side in about 1.5
 hours taking pics, then when I did the other side I
 put the camera down and finished it in about 20
 minutes! Very easy and straightforward install. I'm
 very impressed with the quality of this kit, it had
 all the parts it needed which appear to be very
 high quality, and excellent instructions.

 I'll be putting together a page on the install but
 before that I thought I'd mention that my kit is a
 bit different than the one shown on this page

 http://home.insightbb.com/~barryoliver/trukpix/trukpix.htm

 The Axle Anchor Bracket (thing with the adjusting
 bolt in it) is designed slightly different. Instead
 of a cup washer type setup mine has round metal piece
 which pivots as the spring flexes. It came out of
 the box lubed up with plenty of white grease. I wonder if this
 is a new design to get rid of the squeaking some have
 reported OR if this is a GenII only thing....

 The other difference I noticed is that my leaf spring
 locating bolt installs from the bottom of the spring
 pack. The GenIII's look like they go in from the
 top.

 You don't need air tools for this but they do come in
 REAL handy when removing the U bolts on the axles. I
 didn't use any penetrating lube, just let the air do
 the work. Almost stalled out the impact a few times
 but if slowly loosed all the bolts. Penetrating oil
 is for wussies, real men have air tools!!

 I'll have more to report on how it handles after
 driving to work tommorow. I hope to have the install
 page done in a day or so.

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com