Re: RE: Dealer oil filter Q

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 15:22:53 EDT

At 10:48 AM 4/25/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I had something similar happen last year. I normally change the oil
>and filter right after driving the truck. In this case I needed to remove
>the filter to get at something else and the truck had been sitting for a
>week or so. I didn't start it up, just removed the filter. There was no
>dripping and I found the filter to be only half filled with oil. I thought
>that was rather strange but since I never have a problem with lifter clatter
>or anything after prolonged storage, I didn't give it much more thought.
>
>My filter is a K&N, so that sorta rules out the dealer filters as being the
>sole issue. I recently started the truck after letting it sit all winter
>and had immediate oil pressure and no lifter clatter. Must be working OK.
>
>RayB

Interesting. I had started it up the previous day but not the day of the oil/
oil filter change. I will normally run the motor a little before doing the
oil filter
change just to get the oil temp. up a bit and flowing a little easier. I think
I'll try it the same way next time and see if I get the same result. Sure
nice not having to wipe warm oil off the arm :-)

Bob