OT: Lawn Tractor spring maintenance

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 17:42:32 EDT

Hey all,
I pulled out the old lawn tractor the other day. Got it running, but it has
a flat 3.50*4.10*4 tire (bad tube).
So, I'm looking to get a new wheel and tire, rather than wrestle with a tube
as small as that, as well as a new three-post 12V solenoid, all-new
scotchlock terminals (or the equivalent), a new battery, and a new seat, as
mine's pretty beat up, and I try to keep the tractor in shape, as it was
given to me by one whom I respect as much as anybody in this world.
I can get the tire/wheel from Northern Tool, and obviously the battery from
Wally-World, but I used to get the rest from Prime Line Power Equipment,
(http://www.primelinepe.com/), but it appears they went under. I can
probably find the solenoid at Sears or something, but it's the seat that
worries me. It's a small seat, with a backrest of about 6". The smallest
one Northern has a backrest that looks to be about 10".
This wouldn't be a problem, except that the engine (an 8HP Briggs &
Stratton) is right behind the operator's seat, and I worry that there may be
clearance issues.
Does anybody have ideas as to where I could find a seat?
What I'm looking for is a seat comparable to that which was OEM for the
tractor, which is a 1971 Hahn LTD 500, if anyone's interested.
Thanks in advance,

--
-Jon
jonsdak@midmaine.com