Re: truck start up procedures

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 15:38:26 EDT

The fuel pump primes the system in the first couple of seconds. You may be
experiencing pressure leakdown overnight.

If you turn the key to on and listen you should hear the pump priming the
fuel lines. To test the leakdown theory, attached a fuel pressure gauge to
the rail and check it in the morning before you try to start it up. I've
installed a return line system on my '01, so leakdown is always an issue.
Out of habit I power up, wait for the fuel pump to stop priming(you'll hear
it shut down after a couple of seconds), then turn the key to start.

Bob