Re: Armrest: The saga continues!

From: Darren Asuncion (fsdaa1@uaf.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 16:20:46 EDT

I dunno, seems like Chrysler...err *cough* Daimler-Chrysler has been doing
more and more cost-cutting these past few years. The Gen III's have crap
ball joints and brakes, and I noticed they did away with the ignition key
halo light in '99 (I complained to my dealer about this one...they found its
not even wired anymore, even though the bulb is still there - Chrysler
claimed it was 'removed' for the '99 model year)...then around 2000-2001
they redid the seats with IMHO a cheaper grade cloth material...and the
2002-2003's don't have an underhood light, nor do they seem to have the
cloth on the door panels or in the rear corners of the extended cabs. They
also seem to have cheap plastic bumpers these days as well! There are also
some other subtle cost-cutting differences like the removal of all the
decals except on the tailgate. With all these cost-cutting measures lately,
the deletion of the center armrest doesn't surprise me. Its just so sad
that this company is going downhill so fast. I was planning on replacing my
'99 Dak with something new within the next year or two and I doubt it will
be a DC product. Its so sad too, I used to be gung-ho about just about
anything Chrysler until these past 3-4 years... lol, but anyway I guess I'd
better get off my soapbox...didn't mean to vent off like this! :)

Darren Asuncion
'99 Intense Blue 4x4 Sport+, 5.2 V8, 44RE auto, 3.55 LSD 8.25", 4WABS
http://www.as.uaf.edu/~fsdaa1