Re: Trailer Wiring

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 21:39:04 EDT

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:33:32 Michael Clark wrote:

> Thanks Jason, I don't think I need a photo. I think
> I've seen that switch before. That's the one under
> the dash that the brake pedal actuates to turn on your
> stop lights correct?

Yep. According to the directions, all you need to do is wire in to one
side of that.

 From what I saw on Jon's truck, the guy who installed his controller had
found an easier spot to splice in to. There's a connector plug with about
six (or so) wires under the dash, just to the right of the steering
wheel. One of those is apparently the correct wire.

> BTW, anyone have or use the Tekonsha Prodigy brake
> controller? That's the one I have ordered.

We use a Voyager from the same company in the 2001, and it works very well
for what we need. The Prodigy comes *highly* recommended if you can
afford it. I'm sure you'll be quite happy with it :-).

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer