Re: Subwoofer Opening

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 16:30:01 EDT

There should be some sort of measurements on (or in) the box/literature.
However, if there's not...usually the opening will be about one inch smaller
than the OD of the basket at the lip. So, if you apply that to what you're
building you will probably be just fine with a 9" hole. I usually start
with a hole that's 1/2" smaller than the basket and just work it larger all
around with a drum sander until the driver just squeezes in there.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Gary Hedlin"" <ghedlin@theramp.net> wrote in message news:b8kr9e$s2$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > Ok... heres a question for you audio buffs out there. > > I'm trying to make sure all my dimensions are right on my center console > plans, and I need to know how big I need to make my opening for a 10" sub. > Should it be smaller than the 10" or just 10"??? > > Thanks a million! > > -- > Gary Hedlin > President > Hedlin Web Designs > http://www.hedlin.net > >