Re: Re: amps and subs

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 17:34:10 EDT

PFFFT!!! I fart in your general direction. Ok, just kidding...but
seriously now:

Punch, depending on what brand of sub it's probably a 4ohm single voice coil
driver. If hooked up by itself to the amp in a bridged configuration you
should be fine. You'll be able to eek by with more power from the amp
actually. Additionally, with a single sub setup there's really not too much
to worry about in the way of impedance, one driver is the same load hooked
up just about any way you can think of. So, that being said... when you
hook the sub up, follow the bridged connections (usually pos on L and neg on
R) and set the crossover for LPF at about 80-90 HZ and adjust your gain so
that you achieve max volume without distortion at the same time as your
other 4 speakers. Good Luck and enjoy that new sub.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Jon"" <jons@laserdrive.com> wrote in message news:b8occl$jse$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > You really have to know what impedance your speaker is (4 or 2 ohm, single > or dual voice coil) and match your amp to the rating of the speaker. > Without hooking everything up correctly, you could blow either the amp or > sub. > > -- > Jon Slavic > 2000 CC Intense Blue 4x4 4.7L V8 > jons@laserdrive.com > > 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited > Bright Silver Metallic > 4x4 3.7L V6 > ""Punch"" <2punch.crash2000@AHM.com> wrote in message > news:b8na7u$16c$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > > > been awhile since I installed a decent system, when running just the sub > > from the amp, I connect it bridged? > > > > also do I want my amps filter set to low freq. only > > > > and set to stereo/ mono/ or I + R? > > > > Punch > > > > ps its a single sub in a box, with positive and negative terminals thats > > all. > > > > > > > >