Re[2]: Re[2]: Roadmaster ordered

From: Michael Clark (dml@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 00:28:28 EDT

> On Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 07:53 PM, Michael Clark wrote:

>> Got home today and a RoadMaster box was waiting for me.

> Got and installed mine today!

Congrats Tod!

> I only went out to eat and back after the install, but even with that I
> noticed a difference. No more wheel hop when turning onto a road, and
> it feels more nicely planted. I have the better handling package from
> the factory, but even with that I've often noticed an uncomfortable
> wandering when going around faster curves with dips in them. I'm hoping
> the Roadmaster helps with that. I also ready about it helping deal with
> wind on the freeway which would be very welcome. Haven't really hauled
> much with my Dak yet, but I like having the better handling for that
> whenever I do.

I haven't witten the html for my install page yet, but
I do have some initial observations on the handling of
the truck now, and they are exactly as you state
above. The biggest improvement is how the truck seems
more "planted" on the road. It just feels more solid
and stable. The other day I was getting a fair amount
of cross-wind (windows were down and I could hear the
gusts) but I couldn't feel a thing! I've been meaning
to tuck in behind an 18-wheeler on the freeway but
haven't had a good chance yet. Before when I would do
that I would get knocked around pretty good by the
wind turbulence. Nice improvement while hauling my
4wheeler around. Truck doesn't squat like it did and
it handles much better with the load. Before the
install the amount of body roll while carrying it was
scary. Felt like a boat. Most of that's gone now.

> So now all I need (or so I tell my wife...and myself) is a sale price
> on Powerslots, and a sale price on a K&N FIPK, and a sale price on. . .

Heh heh... I'm single, I just buy what I want and
don't worry about it!

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com