Re: gen 2 vs gen 3 8 1/4 axel ATTN: Bill White

From: Walt Felix (walt@walt-n-ingrid.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 09:36:16 EDT

Bill,
   You still interested in the rear that came out of my ’96 or are you
going with the Dana. I should have the truck back on the road shortly,
I’m just getting held up by the drive shaft. I had to have it
shortened for the new axle and the shop cut it too short. They’re
making me a replacement but for various reasons, I haven’t gotten it
yet. I’m hoping to get it today, actually a couple of days ago but
they claimed their machine was down. As for the old axle, if you want
it, it’s yours. I would recommend you have it rebuilt, the LS was
giving me trouble, that’s why I replaced it with the Dana. If I get
the drive shaft today, I still have to drop the truck off at the glass
shop to replace the driver’s door glass and windshield. Some little
piece of $hit, driving around the neighborhood, shot them with a BB
gun. Hit a whole bunch of cars on my street.

Let me know,

Walt Felix

http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
http://www.CruiseNights.Info
http://www.MoparsinMotion.Com

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 19:56:06 EDT
> From: B1LLYW@aol.com
> Subject: Re: DML: gen 2 vs gen 3 8 1/4 axel
>
> In a message dated 5/1/2003 7:53:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> dodgeboy93@hotmail.com writes:
>

> > Hey List
> >
> > Have a 1996 dakota that I'm helping a local guy convert from a
2.5 to a
> > 5.2. I want to upgrade the rear axel from the 7.25 to the 8.25.
What is