RE: Superchips programmer for 3.9/5.2/5.9

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 11:28:35 EDT

Josh, the adaptive working around the tune is not an issue here because
instead of a signal hack or modify of a subset of signals, this is an
entirely new program that gets uploaded to your PCM. The first step of the
reprogram is to zero out your existing flash, then an upload of a brand new
optimized program takes place. Since the program is optimized(read many
hours of dyno tuning) the fuel and spark maps are spot on for a stock truck
and they have or will have some programs for some of the lighter bolt-on
mods Dakota owners typically use(headers, CAI, etc). A very clean solution
overall with excellent results. Sorry, I don't think tranny shift points are
part of the feature set. Rev limiters can be moved though.

The problems you are referring to on other boards has to do with simple mods
of one or two input signals, typically MAP and sometimes TPS. If you
understand the "sanity check" abilities of current OBD-II controllers you
will understand why that sort of tuning approach will achieve only limited
and short-term success.

Bob