Fw: DAKSY Noise (too!)

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 21:04:49 EDT

 Ok, DML!

I posted this the other day & nobody wanted to talk about anything other
than Viper Fan wiring & Carlisle,
so I'll try it again:

 The DAKSY is making a new noise, under hard acceleration, in 1st & 2nd,
kind of a "clank-clank-clank" sound.
 Don't know for how long, cuz I've had the windows up for the last 5 - 6
months. Haven't heard it in 3rd, yet.
I'm thinkin at 66k, it's probably the universals in the driveshaft, but as I
remember from the last MoPar I had to
 replace em in (68 Cuda), it was more a "thunk" than a "clank".
 Any feelings one way or the other from the membership?
 Any way to physically check the U-joints other than just replacement? There
is no slop in the driveshaft with her in gear.
 Maybe I oughta take a peek at the Bible, huh?
 TIA,

 Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
 (c'mon - answer me!)
 Averill Park, NY