RE: Superchips programmer for 3.9/5.2/5.9

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 11:56:34 EDT

excellent... :)

Gabe Couriel
http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Josh
Battles
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 9:44 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: Superchips programmer for 3.9/5.2/5.9

Well, I sent an email off to Superchips and this is what I got back...Looks
like just about everything will be changeable.

This is what I asked:

I've got a 2000 dakota with the 3.9L V6 and am curious about this new tuner
that will be coming out mid-month. What will I be able to do in regards to
the program? I'd like to achieve more spark advance, change my timing a
little, modify my fuel curves, and move the trans shift points. Will this
be possible? Also, what has been done to compensate for the chrysler PCM's
learning ability? I am slightly concerned that perhaps the PCM will "learn"
away the new custom program that will be loaded. I had heard of this
problem on the 5.2L and 5.9L rams/dakotas in the not too distant past.

Thanks!

This is what I got back:

There won't be any tranny mods that I know of but, everything else that you
mentioned will be covered. The PCM will not learn anything else because it
will have nothing else to go by. To the computer there will be no other way.
Once programmed it will think that our program is the stationary stock
program.

Brian Mcmahan
Sales/CSR/Tech
Superchips Inc.