Re: Evaporator Coil

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 11:08:34 EDT

Mike, Thats a good deal.. i got hosed for 1100 when they did mine.. They
replaced the dryer and charged me for several other things. Mine went out
around 75k.. I think there were a bunch of defective evaperator coils out
there. Mine leaked so bad that i could put freon in it and it would be empty
in the morning. I put dye in the system to find the leak.. finally after
four days i spotted the dye on the ground where the condesate line is. They
tried to stick me for an condenser too. I spilled some dye on it when i was
adding it into the system. And it's a major PITA to replace.. The whole dash
has to be dropped along with the steering column.
--Hop