OT:Ricers Fun with animation

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 11:35:59 EDT

For those of use that know that ricers really are nothing more then a mind
set and think they are the funniest thing you've ever seen, try this site,
mind you I'm not flaming anybody that can make a car run great, but some of
them....well you know. Anyway heres the link:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pimpride.shtml

When you get done "building" your ride, click through the backgrounds.

Speaking of ricers, I happened to see something the other day that really
made me laugh and I thought I had seen it all. Then I saw something else
that made me realize there are no depths to which ricers will not sink.
First I saw a slammed Jeep Wrangler 4X4 with the 20 inch rims and very low
profile tires. He couldn't have had more then and inch of rubber between
the rim and the ground. That made me laugh. Then I saw the Thing. A late
model Corvette. This thing had the big cowl induction hood with not 1 but 2
vortex openings in the front of the hump on the scoop. Next this guy had
installed louvered hood vents on each side of the cowl hump and he had the
louvers facing the front of the car This is ok but it gets worse. He had
installed a scoop BEHIND the louver vents so any air they caught would be
directed at the back of the louvers! The finishing piece on the hood was a
small wing, mounted directly over the Vette crossed flag emblem. But wait!
Our hero isn't finished... he bolts a two tier wing on the back. And to
finish off his rolling work of art (?) he bolts on aftermarket rims (they
looked aftermarket to me) of some kind and the low profile tires but on
the rear wheels only! He still had the stockers on the front! Now the body
visual is bad enough, anybody that would do that to a Vette needs serious
psychiatric care. I know the Vette has a big engine and can handle a
larger exhaust system. Yep, you guessed it.......dual Fart Cans, the
opening was one of those big ones that you could stick a CD inside. As I
went by I almost had to cry.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE