Vacuum modulator: WAS: Re: DML transgo website -Reply

From: Allan.Williams@usdoj.gov
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 12:59:05 EDT

To my knowledge, Chrysler trannys used the lingage from the
accelerator. You could change shift points by adjusting the rod. Vac
Modulators were on GM products...

>>> RFC-822=owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net@inetgw May 8,
2003 11:20 am >>>

Kind of related to orig. thread.

Does anyone know if there's a vacuum modulator available for our
trannies,
specifically, the 4xRE series? I don't know too much about these but
they
are supposedly to be an easy install and a simple way to raise/lower rpm
shift points. Maybe only works on strictly hydraulic trannies with no
electronics?

Bob