Re: Vacuum modulator: WAS: Re: DML transgo website

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 13:13:09 EDT

Depends on transmission/make/model (using general known examples here for RWD
transmissions). The vacuum modulator (especially the adjustable ones) allow
you to tailor the shift points with engine vacuum (very helpful with high stall
converters and big cams on the older vehicles).

Remember, shift points are also referenced via load and TPS.

Chrysler (No vacuum modulator - even on the older models)
45 Series is electronically controlled
42/44/46 RE Series is partial electronic (PCM does watch line pressure)
42/44/46 RH Series is hydraulic

GM
TH200,350,400,700R4 use a Vacuum Modulator

Ford
C4,C6 also use a vacuum modulator