Re: Evaporator Coil

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 23:59:55 EDT

That is pretty high for the part and maybe for the labor. I would get an
opinion from a shop that specializes in auto a/c work. An independent
garage. Seems like we get around 185 for most evap coils and 55.00 an hour
labor. Job should not take over 4 hours but I am not sure what the flat
rate manual would show. Evaporator coils can go bad without warning but
mileage on the veichle would not be a factor in the coil going bad. Dodge
trucks have more problems with spring lock connectors on their likes than
evap coils. I hate to say it but they copied them from Ferd and that was
not one of their better ideas. My 99 R/T has not had any a/c problems.