Distributor Shaft Play?

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 00:44:32 EDT

Out of curiosity, (and since my FSM won't arrive for another week,) how much
play should be in the distributor shaft if I pull the cap and rotor, and
jiggle by hand? There seems to be quite a bit of play fore and aft in
relation to the truck. Plus, the old rotor I pulled out of there was beat
to crap. There was absolutely no tension left in the spring, and although I
don't know how long the old one was in there (at least a year and a half,
anyway,) I'm wondering if that's normal.