Re: Re: Distributor Shaft Play?

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 01:29:14 EDT

"Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:3EBB72F0.6060601@earthlink.net...

> as for the distrib... check the hold down bracket/bolt - - to my
> knowledge there shouldnt be any movement. (just my gut assumption ther
> e- I have no facts to back that)

Thanks, Tom, for being the only person with enough decency to actually
reply. ;-)

No, it's not the entire distributor that's moving, it's the shaft that the
rotor sits on within the cap and on top of the little plate thing (pre-mags
are different, but whatever,) so I think the bushing or whatever is pooched.
I'm going to pull it soon-ish, and see what's messed up. I'm hoping I can
just replace some bearing surface.