Tachometer error...

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 03:25:42 EDT

Well, since I know my Dak doesn't have a diesel, there's no way it's idling
at the ~200 rpm when warm that is indicated by the tach. Although I have an
auto, it would be nice to have a properly working tachometer. The weird
thing is, every once in a while it will indicate idle at ~600 or so when
warmed up, but that is definitely a rare event! Another thing that puzzles
me, is that when the tach gets to the upper rev range, it seems to be
indicating bang on. If I remember right, the fuel cutoff is at about 5200
rpm, and I've bounced off it in the rain on occaision, and the tach was
right there. Anyway, if anyone has an idea about WHY the guage would be
doing that, I would be most appreciative.

Truck specs: '92, v6, auto, 2wd, gauge cluster with tach (if there's any
difference.)