Re: Re: 3.9L to 5.2L Swap

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 11:54:06 EDT

In a message dated 5/12/2003 11:04:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbattles@bankfinancial.com writes:

> You should track down Austin and the "Vipertruck" If I recall correctly he
> did that very same thing in a truck similar to yours.

I swapped out to a v8 from a v6 back in oct 2000, but I did it with a gen II,
and it was a magnum conversion. I can tell you off the bat that while the 5
speed will bolt up, it will not handle the torque of the v8.
I wrote a long email about everything I ran into while doing the swap. It was
around november 2000, you may be able to look through the archives to find
it.

-Austin
Vipertruck