Re: questions on 7/70 warranty maintenance procedure

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 16:21:28 EDT

Thanks Paul! At least someone agrees with me. The dealer replaced both my
lower control arms under warranty at about 39K miles (about 3K over) b/c I'd
built that relationship with them. For anyone on the southwest side of
Chicago, I'd definately recommend Bettenhausen Dodge, it's by far the best
dealership experiance I've ever had. I didn't buy my truck from them, but
I'll be buying another dodge from them when I'm in the market, that's for
sure!

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

<Tubamirbls@aol.com> wrote in message news:166.2029b714.2bf15919@aol.com... > > Hi Josh > You're 100% on the track I was trying to describe. Not only is it > important throughout the warranty coverage period that we cultivate a > positive and cooperative business relationship with our dealer service > management, but just an annual oil change with the dealer keeps our truck's > account active in the Chrysler computer. If we fail to do at least this > much, then how is the software to know what mileage our speedo is currently > reading and where, therefore, we are in the lifespan of our warranty? It's > probably safe to assume that the greater likelihood of needing a > warranty-covered repair will occur as our truck reaches the last stages, > whether by mileage or time, of our warranty being in effect. All the more > reason to have a thread at least of dealer attention over time instead of > showing up at the last warranty minute, so to speak, with our problem. > > Paul Sahlin