sticking throttle

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@cox.net)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 10:30:59 EDT

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've been on as life has been very busy for my wife
and I as of late. Things are good though.

The reason I'm writing is that my throttle body has been sticking under
light acceleration lately. I took it off, cleaned it up (being sure not to
press on / twist the IAS sensor) and reinstalled it. The sticking actually
got worse. I finally resorted to tightening up the throttle spring as a temp
fix.

My TB is a Flowmetrics billet with (very) roughly 6K miles. The stock
sensors have around 26K miles on them. I have checked to make sure that
nothing is interfering with the linkage and made sure that there is no
rubbing on the fuel rail (as mentioned in the installation instructions).
All the vacuum lines are attached and in good condition. I used a new TB
gasket when reinstalling. I'm running an open air filter and clearance is
good.

Now, here's the kicker ... The throttle only sticks with the truck running.
When the truck is off the TB linkage feels very smooth, but when it's
running the throttle gets stuck in any light acceleration condition and the
only way to "clear it" is to quickly "blip" the throttle. Good thing my
truck is a standard :)

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck