Re: Re: Re: Shelby Dak for Sale

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 12:22:02 EDT

""Jeff Durling"" <jdurling@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:000601c31a2f$54be2b40$0b3d8c87@jeff...

> My dad did pretty much the same thing in the 70's... he bought a 1970
> boss
> 429 mustang with all sorts of weird options on it and parked it, drove
> it on
> sunny days. When he sold it in 2000 it still had the original tires on
> it
> and about 12K miles. He got some outrageous price for it though...I
> guess
> it paid off in the end.
>
> --
> - Josh
> Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L
>
> All I can say is why couldn't I know about this back in 2000 and I hate
> your dad!!! ;-)
>
> Jeff Durling

Yeah, I was pretty pissed too, that car was SO MINT...429 with a 4 speed and
functional hood scoop that you could open/close with a plunger on the dash
and it was red...nice. I took it to homecoming my senior year in HS. That
was nice. I think he got about 70K for it because it was so original. It
had all the hang tags still on everything inside and under the hood,
everything including the A/C worked great too. I was crushed when he sold
it, I wanted to buy it from him but he wouldn't let me, he used the money to
buy his little BMW M roadster as the new summer toy.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L