Re: New toy, Update

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 09:26:03 EDT

Um, how about using the ramcharger to tow the dak back? There's no shame, it's still a dodge....

>>> awyse@sw.rr.com 05/15/03 10:02PM >>>

Well, Got the Dak all wired for towing duty, borrowed a tow dolly, got a new
light kit for it, loaded up pretty much everything I could think of for
emergency equiptment; Managed enough nerve to decide that I was going to use
my 2.5L to pull a Ramcharger 4WD from Orlando, FL to Dothan, AL.. and when
we went to get things all hooked up.. It was too wide to fit on the dolly,
found a bigger dolly at the third U-haul we went to, but it was still too
narrow, None of them had any trailers, and they stopped carrying tow bars.
Turned out, my tow bar was the only thing I left behind that I could have
used. Almost bought another one, but finally, decided to return to AL empty
trailered. Now, I'm back to trying to come up with a big enough trailer and
a bigger truck to pull it. From doing that round trip already, I don't
think my ole 2.5L woudl be very happy trying to pull a 6000# trailer for 350
miles.
Any ideas that wouldn't brake the bank?
Aaron Wyse
1994 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
1986 Shelby Charger Turbo
1984 Dodge Ramcharger.. still in Orlando, FL.. trying to get it to its new
home.