Re: Re: Fog Light question

From: Walt Felix (walt@walt-n-ingrid.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 11:54:12 EDT

You need a relay, which you should be able to pick up at any parts
store. The relay will have 4 terminals on it. One terminal connects
to the positive of the battery with another terminal connected to
ground. The third terminal wires to the positive side of the low beams
and the final connects to a switch connected to your fog lamps. The
switch will only get power when the low beams are on. I don’t know
about VA but here in CT, if the vehicle has them mounted, they have to
be functional during inspection. I had a vehicle failed because I
could not turn on a set of aftermarket fog lamps that were not even
wired up. The inspector told me for re-inspection I had to either wire
them up to turn on or remove them.

Walt Felix

http://www.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
http://www.CruiseNights.Info
http://www.MoparsinMotion.Com

> Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 16:44:11 -0500
> From: "Jim Miller WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>
> Subject: DML: Re: Re: Fog Light question and roll pan light question
>
> Just put a switch in line for them and dont turn them on during
inspection.
> >From the factory there is a separate switch to turn them on or off.

I am