Re: 97+ Options (or lack of)

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 15:28:30 EDT

This is good stuff. In the SP class, the body panels have to remain
"Stock", but you can update/backdate the stock parts. So an '01+ bumper
sounds like a fantastic upgrade.

I got around to putting some pictures of the new truck up, please don't try
to explore the web site, it's so out of date and broken, it's embarrassing.

http://www.geocities.com/woodrufj/dakota/index.html

Battery's are free. In my old truck (club cab) I mounted an optima on a
frame cross member under the truck (about under the rear driver's side
passenger). Low and center, was a fantastic location. But one day in a
race the cheap PepBoys battery strap broke. I went right, it went straight
;). I haven't gotten around to setting it up in the new truck yet. That
same good cross member might not be in the standard cab, so the battery
might go behind the passenger's seat.

In SP wheels are free. I use the big boys, so there's not too many
affordable options. Mine weight about 30lbs! a piece. Far cry from the sub
10lb wheels the rice rockets are using.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota