Re: 5.7 Hemi measurements

From: jdurling@bellsouth.net
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 22:19:10 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "andy levy" <andylevy@yahoo.com>
To: <dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: DML: 5.7 Hemi measurements

> The 5.7 HEMI comes with the 45RFE (or 5-45RFE), same as the 4.7. I
> don't think a stick is available at all, but given that they use the
> same auto, I'd guess that the bellhousing off a NV3500-equipped 4.7L
> would work. For a while, then it'd disintegrate. Dodge puts the NV4500
> behind the 360 in Rams because the 3500 can't handle the loads.
>

> --
> -andy

I don't mind the auto tranny i'm not looking for a strip truck just a street
rod pickup. As long as the tranny behind the current hemi fits in there no
problem. If it doesn;t that wouldn't neccessarily stop me. You have to
realize my father was crazy enough to put an '88 vette independant
suspension on an '87 El Camino with a brand new LS1 under the hood. I guess
I got some of that form him even though I don't think the hemi is as near of
a stretch. I have pics of the full build up. That car is awsome.

Right now I am toying with the idea of shelving the mustang for a while just
to get this started.

Hmmmm, wife's gonna be pissed with me spending all of the money again.

Jeff Durling